Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 1 of 52...Ta Da! Tile Coasters

Well here they are! My first Pinterest project for my 52 week project.  Purchased all of my supplies yesterday: Michael's for the glue (made my own mod podge) scrapbook paper,felt & acrylic sealant (oddly enough 'mod podge' brand lol)... Home Depot for the tiles & did this quick fun project over the course of the day - I think if I had done it all at once would have taken about an hour & a half with drynig times. Found on pinterest and original tuorial is from The Cottage Home



Supplies:4 square tiles from your local hardware store (4.25" x 4.25")
4 pieces of scrapbook paper (3.75" x 3.75")
4 pieces of felt (3.75" x 3.75")
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
Glue (i.e. Fabri-tac or other strong adhesive)
Clear acrylic sealer

Go to Cottage Home link above for a full tutorial. ;)


Finished product:

Oh and when I explained to my daughter what I was doing she wanted to do 52 projects too! So below you see HER first 52 project a pretty wooden heart necklace with decals and beads.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! ~kbr



No comments:

Post a Comment